Picnic Recipes + Tips to Enjoy the Outdoors
Posted on May 22, 2017
Celebrating a promotion, a birthday, straight A’s or simply want to spend time with your loved ones or friends? No matter the occasion, a picnic can be the perfect way to celebrate or simply soak up the beautiful weather. We have rounded up some tips and delicious eats for your next picnic.
Pick the spot
Picking the perfect picnic spot can be really fun. Try somewhere new or visit your favorite place. Here are some locations to inspire your picnic spot!
- Local city park
- State park
Things to Bring
- Blanket or a tablecloth - depending on whether you want to have your picnic in the grass or at a picnic table, you’ll want to bring a blanket or tablecloth for extra comfort.
- Plasticware - Plastic and paperware are the best when it comes to picnics. They are easy and can be simply thrown away when you are done.
- Cooler - Don’t forget to bring your cooler to keep your drinks and food cold.
- The Food - What would a picnic be without food?
Not sure what to bring to your picnic? Our sorghum-inspired picnic menu is the perfect balance of tasty and nutritious.
- Wondergrain Three Bean Salad is an excellent accomplice to a tasty sandwich.
- This Sweet Sorghum Salad with Apples, Pine Nuts and Raisins is refreshing and colorful.
- Savory and light, this Salad with Cucumber and Feta is perfect to make in a big batch and enjoy at your picnic and all week long.
- Bake your own bread for your favorite sandwich using this Gluten-Free Bread recipe.
- Plan on spending the day at the park, beach or lake? These 5-Ingredient Healthy “Crunch” Bars with Popped Sorghum are a tasty snack.
- Wondergrain Fudgy Chocolate Gluten Free Brownies make for the perfect picnic dessert!
Have Some Fun
No matter when or where, picnics can be a lot of fun. Are you picnicking near a body or water or at a state park? Make your picnic an all day trip! Go swimming, hiking or just playing ball with the kids. No matter how you spend it, enjoy spending time outdoors with delicious eats at your next picnic!