2 & 1/4 cups all-purpose gluten-free sorghum blend flour
1 teaspoon arrowroot or xanthan gum (ONLY if the gluten-free all-purpose flour doesn't already have xanthan gum, guar gum, or arrowroot flour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup turbinado or light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup sorghum syrup
1/2 cup applesauce
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9- or 10- cup bundt-style pan with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, beat together the butter and turbinado sugar until light red and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating for a minute or two and scraping the sides and the bottom of the bowl between additions.
4. Add half the flour mixture and combine, then add the Greek Yogurt, sorghum syrup, apple sauce and vanilla extract and then the remaining flour mixture. Mix until just combined, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl between each addition.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake for 50 minutes, until a cake tester or toothpick come out clean.
6. Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then turn it out onto a serving plate.
7. Store unsliced cake covered in saran wrap at room temperature for several days; freeze for longer storage. Refrigerate cake if it is hot and humid.
Serving- 1 slice: 230 calories, 7 grams total fat, 4 g saturated fat, 40 milligrams cholesterol, 108 milligrams sodium, 30 grams carbohydrate, 1.5 grams fiber, 15 grams sugar, 4 grams protein